Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Ableism"


Hello blogosphere! How are we doing today? The video above I made for a New Media and Technology course last semester. It is about "Ableism" and I'll tell you what exactly that is. According to Dictionary.com, "Ableism" is the"discrimination against disabled people" or in my own words, putting individuals with physical or mental disabilites down just because they aren't like you and can't perform the same tasks as fast as you may me able to. It does relate to sports because there are a few hockey photos that I took in there. Enjoy! :) Have a great day! Fyi, this is very personal to me because somebody in my immediate family does have a mental illness. Feel free to comment and let out some tears after you watch this. It is perfectly ok to express yourself no matter what the issue is!

Ps. In case you're wondering, the music that is playing in the background is called " Pray" by Justin Bieber. Below is a picture of it:

1 comment:

  1. Love the video and the song Pray Mary. Nice job on the video and song. Love the pictures of us for sure. Love you so much. Proud of you on this blog. Keep up the good work. Love you hun.

    ReplyDelete