Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Catching Up!

Hello folks! I've been kind of absent on this site and don't you worry because I'm back! :) Yesterday was a big day in the sense that it was Election Day and my boyfriend and I's one month anniversary. At 7:30 a.m. I walked to my local library to vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden with big coffee cup in hand. This was my first time voting and didn't know what to expect. However, I did ask questions and voted on the computer screen. It was pretty easy and people don't realize how important it is to vote. Obviously, the American people have spoken, a.k.a. mostly the middle class, and we wanted Obama to win the presidential election for the United States of America. Last night I did watch news coverage of the electoral votes and how won what state. Being a first time voter really opens your eyes as to how important getting your voice out there is. If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain about how OTHER people voted. I don't care if you didn't like either candidates, pick one of them in which you can TRY to relate to. Anyways, the point is voicing your opinion is important because who the president of the United States is will alter other countries as well when it comes to dealing with trade and business conducted for the betterment of everyone involved.

- Did you vote in this election? If you didn't, feel free to tell me why. Besides, we are all adults, I'm 21 and I'm sure other people can handle others' opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment