Friday, September 28, 2012

Lady Gaga and Body Isses

My girl Lady Gaga has recently admitted to the media that she has gained 20 or so pounds. Now I have a problem when critics blow her minor weight gain out of proportion when the reporter herself / himself isn't perfect either. Don't be putting someone else down just because they've gained some weight. People have to remember something: WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND NOT PERFECT. Taking that into consideration, what about if this same situation happened to your average person? No one would care because people live their life however they want to. You can't tell people what to put in their mouth and how much exercise to do.Give me a break allright and go live in the real world.

- Here is a blub from a Yahoo! article:

"Gaga launched the "Body Revolution" section on LittleMonsters.com Sept. 25 to "inspire bravery" and "celebrate with us your 'perceived flaws.'"

"She also posted a picture of herself, eyes closed, wearing a bra and panties, with the caption: "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15." She's encouraging her fans to do the same."

"The singer has been criticized lately for gaining weight but she confidently wore a low cut, thong body suit and fishnet tights during the concert, only briefly covering up with a jacket and t-shirt."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/lady-gaga-body-revolution-struts-skimpy-outfits-173519662--abc-news-celebrities.html

My reaction: Good for Gaga for embracing her extra curves. I'm very passionate about this myself since most women are insecure about their bodies and that causes various repercussions such as low self-esteem and socially isolating oneself. Ladies, I'm talking to you, being 5 feet tall and curvy myself: Please don't hide your body. EMBRACE YOUR CURVES! Celebrate them ok because they are part of what makes you who you are.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Mary. I love her the way she is no matter how she is. Don't judge other people. I'm proud of her. I love myself too. I love myself for who I am no matter what. I sometimes exercise but not that much. I always show myself for who I am. We Are Who We Are. Go Gaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete